Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is simply making sure that when someone searches for you or your service that they find you or your service. SEO or search engine optimization is the practice of finding the right keywords and entering them into short phrases and descriptions of different parts of your website pages. Optimizing SEO is complicated. Consider the following.
- You need to find the trending words that your customers use. These words can change month to month and year to year, because language constantly evolves.
- You need to be connected to every major search engine so that they know where to find your website and can determine your place in as little time as possible.
- Time is something you need to consider when increasing your SEO. I would suggest that you start to increase your SEO months before your busiest seasons. The search engine companies determine your SEO and their programs need time to learn your website.
- Get to the point. Search engines want to know what you. Flowery language isn’t going to increase your SEO. In fact, it may hurt if search algorithms can’t understand what you do.
- You need to make sure your website is mobile friendly. Not having a website that looks nice on a mobile device will hurt your SEO. This is called responsive design, because your website responds to the size screen your customer is using.
- Make it light, large heavy websites take a long time to load. Load speed lowers your SEO.
- Keep it fresh blog posts are hard to keep up with. Change your content regularly. It doesn’t have to be everyday, but search engines like to keep the newest content higher in the search engine results. This is the reason why you may want to hire someone to keep your website up to date.
- Stay connected. Links to and from other websites and services like social media increase your SEO. Be careful, it is better to have no links than the wrong links. Paying for links is never a good idea.
Larger, uncommon companies hire digital marketing companies or SEO specialists to constantly make sure that they are on the first page of web searches. Businesses with brand name recognition like Amazon or Target do not need as much work, but they most certainly use it.
Don’t get frustrated. Remember that this is business. While you increase your SEO, your competition increases their SEO. Your search engine result position will change. Hiring a well trained SEO Specialist can help you increase your SEO and keep you in the running.